This is probably because you searched for “acupunture near me” in your search engine. If you live in Uk or the surrounding areas, we welcome you to our acupuncture practice for treatment. Sirius Health Chatswood medical Centre offers traditional acupuncture to its patients to help with treatment and prevention of disease.
What is Acupuncture and How Does it Work?
Acupuncture works on the principle of blood and Qi flowing through the body. The flow of blood and Qi can be affected by our experiences and the things we are exposed to. You may experience symptoms such as illness or death if this flow becomes blocked.
The body can be treated by inserting fine acupuncture needles at specific points. These are called acupoints. It can reduce pain. The insertion of needles is thought to restore energy flow throughout the body. Evidence suggests that needles’ insertion can stimulate the production of adenosine. This amino acid is responsible for pain relief.
What ailments can acupuncture help with?
It has been shown that acupuncture can provide relief for many different ailments. These include
- Digestive disorders like diarrhoea and IBS, constipation or bloating, IBS, IBS, IBS, and nausea can all be caused by digestive problems.
- Chronic sinusitis is a chronic condition that affects the respiratory system.
- Depression, anxiety, addictions, and other emotional disorders such as insomnia, depression, anxiety, and addictions.
- Pain in the neck, knees, back, shoulders and chest.
- Arthritis and osteoarthritis are degenerative diseases.
- Gynaecological problems such as period pain, irregular menstruation, menopause, and other fertility issues include menstrual disorders.
- Sports injuries and pains such as tightness, muscle injury and sprains.
Is Acupuncture Therapy Painful
It is important that you distinguish between needles used for acupuncture and needles used for Western injections. The needles used in acupuncture are extremely fine and do not cause any pain. An experienced acupuncturist will know how to insert fine needles to avoid injury and ensure proper placement at a meridian/acupoint.
What is the cost of acupuncture?
The fees of acupuncturists vary depending on the location and how the services are packaged. The first consultation will cost more because the acupuncturist will need to consult with you and collect your medical history. The fee for subsequent acupuncture sessions is usually reduced. Your practitioner may offer a substantial discount if you buy several sessions.
Combining acupuncture with Chinese herbal medicine can result in a higher fee.
What is the cost of acupuncture covered by my insurance?
Some health providers do offer rebates for acupuncture. To find out if your policy covers acupuncture and how much you will be reimbursed, please check the details.